Rolawn is the UK’s leading turf grower and supplier of Britain’s Finest Turf. In addition, we are renowned for our market leading high quality topsoils and barks. The Company prides itself on a reputation for professionalism, reliability and integrity, which, together with a culture of innovation and constant improvement, has resulted in the Rolawn brand becoming the industry benchmark of quality and service.
The Courier Operative will be responsible for picking, labelling, preparing and loading of internet and retail orders. They will plan loads in an efficient and cost-effective manner whilst ensuring that vehicles are safely loaded. This is a hands-on role and the role involves manual handling in a warehouse environment to prepare and process orders.
• Ensure the efficient running of the pallet network picking, labelling and loading operation.
• Using the information provided by Distribution, load plan efficiently, always complying with vehicle loading weights ensuring that no vehicles are despatched under or overloaded.
• Print labels and manifests from Contrado and Alliance, plan into loads, ensure labels are attached securely to the correct pallets, with right quantities and products and put on the correct load.
• Liaise with Distribution throughout the day for order updates and changes.
• Ensure Distribution are kept up to date with information about vehicles arriving on site on time and leaving on time.
• Restack bag products as needed onto relevant pallets and break down turf as required.
• At all times ensure quality of palletised turf is a priority and wrapping or netting are completed safely and to a high standard.
• Ensure that guidelines issued regarding stock rotation and priority customers are adhered to.
• Ensure the cold store is maintained in a clean and tidy state and turf is stored in a clear and organised manner to aid order processing and loading.
• Complete all loading paperwork including driver delivery documentation.
• Prioritise vehicle loading and ensure vehicles are loaded in a timely manner.
• Ensure paperwork is completed correctly including loading footprint.
• Confirm vehicle arrival and departure times to the distribution team.
• Advise loading discrepancies to the distribution team at the time of loading.
• Ensure vehicles are loaded safely and efficiently, and not overloaded.
Product Checks and Despatch
• Complete a daily product despatch report.
• Complete other paperwork as required.
• Always work safely and highlight any issues promptly.
• Safely and responsibly operate plant and machinery in line with recognised safety regulations and following Safe Systems of Work or Standard Operating Procedures.
• Complete daily checks and maintenance of plant and machinery.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and keep focus on a safe and clean working environment.
• Ensure that all waste materials are minimised and adhere to the Environmental Duty of Care procedures when disposing of waste.
• Comply with all regulations and policies including Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality.
• As a Company certificated to ISO 9001 Quality and 14001 Environment, adhere to QA procedures.
• Work closely with other departments.
• Carry out any other tasks as directed, which may include working in other departments, to meet the seasonal demands of the business.
• Safe and efficient operation of plant and machinery.
• All tasks are completed, both daily and weekly.
• Organisation and appearance of turf stock.
• Payloads of vehicles are within tolerance and not overloaded.
• All vehicles are loaded and able to achieve delivery deadlines.
• Zero loading errors.
• Feedback from customers on quality and presentation.
|Qualifications & Training||FLT Licence||Telehandler Licence|
Previous experience in a warehouse environment
Competent user of IT including Word and Excel
|Qualities and Attitude||
Strong work ethic
Able to work on own initiative and lead by example
A team player
Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
It is the practice of this company periodically to examine employees’ job descriptions and to update them to ensure that they relate to the job being performed or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This procedure is jointly conducted by each manager in consultation with those directly responsible to him. You will, therefore, be expected to participate fully in such discussions. It is the company’s aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to implement the changes to your job description after consultation with you.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to: recruitment@ rolawn.co.uk
Alternatively, you can post these to us at: Recruitment, Rolawn Ltd, The Airfield, Seaton Ross, York, YO42 4NF
No agencies please
10th June 2023