1. In accordance with Consumer Contracts Regulations, you may cancel your Order at any point after you place your Order until the end of fourteen days beginning with the day after the date on which you receive the Goods.
2. In circumstances where Goods are intended for purposes related to your trade, business or profession and you are not acting as a consumer, clause 1 shall not apply. You may only cancel your Order in accordance with clause 5.
3. In circumstances where you cancel your Order after the Goods have already been despatched, you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to Rolawn.
4. If you cancel your Order and wish to return the Goods under this clause, the following provisions will apply:
a) to cancel your order you should contact Rolawn in writing, by email or post, using the details available at www.rolawn.co.uk/contact-us;
b) in order to improve our customer service we will ask why you wish to return the Goods;
c) Goods must be returned complete, in an unused and undamaged condition;
d) Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your Order, we will repay any sums paid by you for the Goods as soon as possible and in any event within fourteen days of receiving your notice of cancellation provided that the Goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the Goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be repaid to you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER UNDER CLAUSE 1 DOES NOT APPLY TO TURF AS IT IS PERISHABLE AND LIKELY TO DETERIORATE RAPIDLY ONCE HARVESTED IN FULFILMENT OF YOUR ORDER.
5. If you wish to return the Goods because they do not comply with these Conditions, any of your statutory rights, or where Rolawn has not supplied the correct Goods, you should contact Rolawn using the details set out in clause 4(a) within a reasonable period of discovering the fault or error. If you agree to return the Goods at Rolawn’s expense, you may ask Rolawn to send you replacement Goods, or to repay any sums paid by you for the Goods within fourteen days.
6. Your rights under clause 5 do not arise where packaging has been damaged in transit but the Goods themselves are undamaged.
7. Turf is highly perishable and, if not laid promptly in accordance with the instructions given to you by Rolawn may deteriorate rapidly. Where the Turf is not rolled out immediately in spring/summer and within 24 hours in autumn/winter (or such other timescale as is advised by Rolawn), Rolawn will not accept responsibility for such deterioration, and will not accept a return of the Turf due to such deterioration. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that you are able to lay the Turf before agreeing a delivery date.
8. You should also be aware that the ongoing condition of Turf will be dependent on factors beyond Rolawn’s control including (without limitation) weather conditions or unintended blown or animal/bird carried seeding, and will also depend on your care of the Turf after delivery. While Rolawn shall be liable for any failure of the Turf to comply with these Conditions or your statutory rights, you will not be able to return the Turf because of any defects arising after delivery, whether due to your failure to care for the Turf in the manner advised by Rolawn or due to external factors.
9. If you exercise your right to cancel your Order in accordance with clause 4(a), Rolawn will repay any sums paid by you for the Goods within fourteen days of you telling Rolawn that you have cancelled your order.
10. Where deliveries cannot be made due to insufficient access to the delivery address or difficulties on the approach to the address, an unsuitable offloading area, obstructions, or where incorrect/insufficient instructions have been provided, a charge of £30 (inc. VAT) per pallet will be made for redelivery or return delivery to Rolawn*. Payments made for additional delivery options such as Express Delivery or a time slot will not be refunded.
*Fees must be paid prior to an order being released for redelivery; if the order is returned to Rolawn, the £30 charge per pallet will be deducted from any outstanding refund due. Due to the perishable nature of turf, where delivery cannot be made successfully we will be unable to refund the amount paid for the turf.